Updated: Oct 10, 2019
Fall is a time of change and a great time to start something new! As soon as school gets back into session, we often feel an overwhelming desire to get into a routine. . Use this feeling to motivate you to start a new chapter in being the best version of yourself. Here are some tips to starting something new and sticking with it:
1. Write a declaration statement stating exactly what you are aspiring to be or do.
2. Hang that piece of paper somewhere you can see it everyday.
3. Start surrounding yourself with anything you can get your hands on to reinforce the topic. Ex: books, podcasts, people who share the same goals, etc.
4. Start separating yourself from anything that doesn't have to do with this change including people who are toxic to you, places that trigger old habits you are trying to change, items in your home that are temptations.
5. Take a deep breath from time to time and say to yourself, "I can and I will" , put one foot in front of the other and know you will have good days and bad days.
Homework: Plan your week by making appointments with yourself ! For example: MTW workout for 20 min or Th book massage, then set reminders in your phone or tell a friend that you know will join you and hold you accountable! Lastly, create some type of consequence if you break an appointment with yourself! Ex: 50 Burpees (my personal fave)
Join my Blog for more posts like these!